Do you love tofu scramble? You should. And if you don’t, I know you will now!
Sometimes recipes for tofu scramble can be complicated by tons of spices that you might not have on hand. I simplify that problem by using taco seasoning!
This is my go-to tofu scramble because it is super filling, easy to put together and it makes awesome breakfast burritos too! I teach this recipe in all of my tofu classes and in all of my continuing education classes because this needs to be in your life. And that’s why I’m sharing it here too!
It’s Super Yummy!
It’s alway a crowd-pleaser.
And it’s also great for dinner. 🙂
This awesome, flavorful, colorful tofu scramble will be a hit at your next brunch. It’s easy to double and triple too! And it takes about 30 minutes or less to make
Have you watched me cook (and tasted!) this recipe in class? Have you tried it at home? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Cooking! <3
Southwest Tofu Scramble
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 package extra firm tofu diced into cubes or crumbled
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 can black beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 or so grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 2-3 scallions sliced thin
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper cook about 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic cooking a minute more. Stir in spices, cooking about a minute more.
- Add the tofu cubes, or crumble right into the pan, folding everything together. Add the water and nutritional yeast and stir to combine. Cook about five more minutes. Fold in beans and cook another minute or two until they are heated through. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with cheese, scallions or cilantro or all three!