This is my go-to breakfast most mornings when I am running short on time. Which is most mornings!
It’s not really muesli, it’s more like overnight oats.
But not overnight at all!
Just mix the oats, chia seed and almond milk, let rest for 5 minutes in the fridge to allow the chia to interact with the almond milk to soften the oats. Then add your own toppings:
- Dried fruit
- Shredded coconut
- Fresh fruit
- Nut butters
- Cacao Nibs
- Chocolate Chips
- Flax seed
- Hemp Seed
- Endless possibilites!
With no planning you can make a quick, healthy whole food breakfast that can be the same, but different every day. (And Yes! this can be warmed up, but I eat it COLD!)
I tried this out in a hands-on session with my Introduction to Vegan Cooking class students and they loved it!
Let me know if you try it and love it too in the comments! Happy Cooking!
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 1 tbs organic chia seeds
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- Almond butter or nut butter of choice
- Cocoa nibs
- Other ideas: shredded coconut dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts, chocolate chips!
- In a small bowl combine the oats, chia, and almond milk. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Take your muesli out of the fridge and top with your favorite toppings.
- This can also be made an a small wide-mouth mason jar. Put the topping on top and toss in your travel bag or bring it to work!
- Yes, you can let this rest more than 5 minutes. The longer, the more oat-pudding (overnight oaty) like it will be.
- You can heat it up in the microwave if you would like to eat it warm.
- Don’t forget to let me know if you try it in the comments and be sure to share your topping creations too!